Sixth Annual Shanty Days “Battle on the Beach” Co-Ed Beach Volleyball Tournament
Saturday August 10, 2019
Guaranteed Shirt Sizes: Register by July 20, 2019
Registration closes Wednesday August 7, 2019
Registration after August 7, 2019, is $120 and must be arranged directly with Levi (920) 493-0355.
• This will be a Round Robin Tournament starting at 10:00 AM
• Every team is guaranteed at least 7 matches consisting of 2 games per match (based on a full 8 – team bracket)
• Teams can consist of 10 players, minimum age 18
• Minimum 4, maximum 6 players on the court with minimum 2 females on the court at all times.
• All games will be played on Crescent Beach
• Team Fee is $90 which includes 6 Shanty Days wristbands (valued at $10 Each) that allows entrance to the Shanty Days grounds and a “Battle on the Beach” T-Shirt ($120 after August 8th)
Prizes: TBD (Note: prizes are based on a full 8 – team tournament)
For questions contact Levi at (920) 493-0355
Follow on Facebook: @ShantyDaysBattleOnTheBeach
1226 Lake Street
Algoma, WI 54201
PLEASE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF UTILIZING YOUR SHANTY DAYS WRISTBANDS AND ENJOY THE AMENITIES OF THE GROUNDS INCLUDING VARIOUS FOOD STANDS, MUSIC AND RESTROOMS ALL JUST A SHORT STROLL DOWN THE BOARDWALK.
• A team can consist of up to 10 players.
• This is a co-ed 6 player tournament.
• You must have at least two females on the court at all times.
• The team must have a Captain/Contact Person identified on the sign-up sheet.
• All team members must be at least 18 years of age.
• Entry fee is $90 per team ($120 after August 7th) which includes 6 wristbands for Shanty Days grounds admittance. (valued at $10 each) and a “Battle on the Beach” T-Shirt
• Entry fee and contact info must be submitted in advance (see attached)
• First 8 teams to turn in the entry fee and contact info will be in the tournament. No refund if your team does not show up, and your games will be forfeited.
• A release of liability form must be signed by all players on your roster the day of the games.
• Minimum of 4, maximum of 6 players on the court for each game.
• At least two females on the court at all times.
• Rotating substitution of additional players on your roster into the server position.
• A person cannot play on two rosters. No additions to your roster after the start of your first game.
• Rally scoring will be used and capped at 18 points. (first team to 18, not win by 2)
• Games are self officiated or overruled by score keeper. Call your own/call your teammates. (if a call cannot be resolved, play the point over)
• 3 touches maximum per side. A girl must touch if more than one touch occurs per side.
• The poles are out of bounds, if the ball hits the pole it is a dead ball.
• There are no antennas on the nets; therefore the entire net is playable.
• If the net is touched at all during play, the ball is dead and goes to the other team.
• If the ball hits the net during a serve, it is playable.
• No back row blocking
• A representative from each team will be asked to be score keeper as needed when they are not playing.
Shanty Days Juniors Coastal Coed Beach Volleyball Tournament
Sunday, August 12, 2018
The Shanty Days Juniors Coastal Coed Beach Volleyball tournament will be held on Sunday, August 12, 2018, beginning at 12 noon on Crescent Beach in Algoma.
- This is a coed tournament for youth in and going into high school.
- There must be at least 3 people on a team with a maximum of 6. Four players will be allowed to be on the court at one time.
- There must be at least one female on the court at all times.
- Beach volleyball rules will be followed.
- Each participant is required to sign a release form. Parents must also sign the form for players under the age of 18. Click here to download the form.
- The cost is $30 per team.