Algoma Wisconsin’s Shanty Days “Celebration of the Lake” is a three-day, fun-filled, family festival that takes place on the shores of Lake Michigan.
Join us August 11, 12, & 13, 2023 for all the fun!
Here is a recap of the 2022 happenings.
The 2022 Shanty Days theme is: “Fired Up For 35 Years!”
Shanty Days makes for the perfect summer weekend for the entire family!
Please note that the event schedule is subject to change.
Save the dates! Shanty Days 2023 is scheduled for August 11 – 13!
EVENT HOURS AND FEES Updated Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 12:20PM
Main Grounds Hours (see map):
Friday, August 12, 2022, 3PM – Midnight
Saturday, August 13, 2022, 11AM*-Midnight
Sunday, August 14, 2022 11AM-9PM
Main Grounds Fees
Entry to the Main Grounds requires a wristband for ages 12 and up.
Wristbands are available at any entry gate to the Main Grounds
Purchased at the Gate : $10
Valid for the entire weekend.
Sunday Only: $5
Payments accepted: Cash or checks made payable to Algoma Area Chamber of Commerce.
No band is required to attend the Arts & Crafts and Street Fair, volleyball tournament, parade, 5K, fishing tournament, or Ecumenical service
*No main grounds entrance fee on Saturday, 11AM-3PM. Stay as long as you want on the grounds but if you leave and wish to re-enter, a wristband is required for entry or re-entry after 3PM on Saturday.
Kid’s Area: Located on the north side of the main grounds, kids will enjoy bouncy houses, face painting, ice cream and more.
There is a separate charge for the Kid’s Area wristband: $10 for unlimited time for the entire weekend. This is payable at the Kids Area on the Main Grounds. The Kid’s Area is scheduled to be open Friday 4PM-8PM, Saturday 1PM – 8PM and Sunday 1PM – 5PM.
- Dogs, firearms, and carry-ins are not allowed on the Main Grounds.
- Dogs are not allowed on Crescent Beach (on the sand and in the water). Leashed dogs are permitted in all other public areas including the boardwalk on Crescent Beach during the festival, but please be mindful of the large crowds and the effect that the heat can have on your pooches. We wish everyone to be safe and have an enjoyable weekend..
- 2022 Event Shirts are available for sale at the Algoma Chamber tent in the Northwest corner of the Main Grounds. Payments accepted: Cash or checks made payable to Algoma Area Chamber of Commerce.
August 5, 2022 at 4PM: Submission deadline for the Shanty Days Photo Contest
August 9, 2022: Parade registration deadline.
August 11, 2022: Shanty Days Fishing Contest Through Sunday morning, August 14, 2022.
August 12 2022: Honoree Luncheon
Friday, August 12, 2022
3 – 6PM: 5K Walk/Run & Kids Superhero Fun Run Packet Pick-up, Algoma Youth Club, 620 Lake St.
3PM – Midnight: Main Grounds Open. Wristbands are required for 12 and older. $10 at the gate. Wristbands are good for the entire weekend.
Music on the Main Stage:
- 4 – 8PM: Rocker
- 8PM – Midnight: Whiskey & Lace
Kids bouncy house area will be open on the Main Grounds Kids area fee is paid at the kids area.
Saturday, August 13, 2022
- 8AM: Shanty Days 5K Run/Walk and Kids Superhero Fun Run. Fun Run 9:AM Packet pick-up has been moved to the Algoma Youth Club, 620 Lake St. behind the Main Grounds. The entrance is on the lake side. Event complete.
- Event canceled. Battle on the Beach Volleyball Tournament
- 10AM – 5PM: Arts N’ Crafts Fair and Street Vendor Fair Fremont St. between 2nd & 6th Sts. Vendors have the option to open their stands/tents due to the weather, but the event itself is still on.
- 11AM – 3PM: No wristband required to enter the Main Grounds. If you leave and come back after 3, a wristband is required.
- Event canceled. Car Cruise with Car Show
- 12PM: Shanty Days Parade Moved to Sunday, August 14, 2022 beginning at noon.
1-4PM: Music on the Main Grounds Stage: Shy Guys 1:30 – 4PM Ryan Thompson/Bluegrass, Arts and Crafts ‘On The Green’
- 4 – 8PM: Music on the Main Grounds Stage: Fork in the Road
- 8PM – Midnight: Music on the Main Grounds Stage: Star Six Nine
Sunday, August 14, 2022
- 7AM Ecumenical Service, Heritage Park, near the Algoma Marina (see map). Grab your lawn chair and come enjoy the tranquility by the lake. All are welcome!
- 9AM Juniors Volleyball Tournament, Crescent Beach
- 10AM-4PM Arts & Crafts and Street Fair
11AM-1PM Mark Jirikovec Band, Main Grounds Stage
12PM: Shanty Days Parade rescheduled from Saturday due to the weather.
12-1PM Algoma Community Band, Arts and Crafts ‘On The Green’. Stay tuned for an update.
1-4:30PM Stone Sober, Main Grounds Stage
1:30-4PM Ryan Thompson/Bluegrass, Arts and Crafts ‘On The Green’
4:30PM Spice, Main Grounds Stage
Dusk Fireworks over the Algoma Harbor
Sponsor Opportunities for Algoma Wisconsin’s Shanty Days “Celebration of the Lake”!
Join our community of supporters by becoming a 2022 Shanty Days Sponsor!
Several levels to choose from including special support for the annual fireworks display.