A local family farm raising Registered Angus and Texel Cross sheep.
The Door County Cooperative is owned by the members and profits are returned to the members through dividend payouts.
Coop members/owners vote for Board members and can participate in the governance of the Cooperative.
The seven principles of cooperatives:
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Member economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Education, training, and information
- Cooperation among Cooperatives
- Concern for community