Bruemmer Park Zoo features a small zoo with many animals native to northeastern Wisconsin. The zoo is on an eight-acre site within the 30-acre Bruemmer County Park. The park has wooded trails, a playground, and picnic area with grills, restrooms. With free admission, the zoo is open year-round daily from 7 a.m. – sunset. Read more
DeMeuse Dog Park is located at the north end of Sixth Street next to the Algoma Boat Club (at the corner of Perry and Sixth Streets in Algoma), on the Ahnapee River.
The dog park is open year-round from sunrise until 11:00 p.m. Owners are responsible for waste clean-up and disposal.
Here are just a few of the park guidelines. A complete list is posted at the entrance.
- Each person is limited to two dogs and all handlers must be at least 16 years of age
- All dogs must be licensed, wear a collar and be current with vaccinations.
- No dogs should be left unattended
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up and disposing of waste
- Park is open from sunrise to 11:00 p.m. year-round