Shanty Days Photo Contest
The beauty of our town and lake is best captured by the people that live or play here.
We encourage all amateur and beginning photographers to submit their photos to the Shanty Days Photo Contest.
Stay tuned for the 2021 Shanty Days photo contest information.
- Photos by amateur photographers only
- Prints must be 8 x 10 or larger, matted or framed
- Photos must be taken within past 3 years and within Kewaunee County
- Entries are limited to two per person in each division
- Framed photo entries (with entry form attached to back) should be dropped off at the Chamber building or mailed to Algoma Chamber, 1226 Lake Street, Algoma WI 54201
- By virtue of officially entering the contest, you agree that the Algoma Chamber of Commerce has permission and the right to use the entry for publishing purposes, i.e. newspaper, Friendly Algoma Guidebook, website and other social media marketing. Digital photos may be submitted to the Chamber email@example.com if interested in potential use on social media
- Upon completion of judging, entries will be displayed downtown prior to Shanty Days
- Entry deadline is 7:00 PM on July 15th unless it falls on a weekend, then the deadline is 7:00 PM the following Monday
- Entries may be retrieved from the Chamber between August 25 and September 20
- Black and White
- Crescent Beach and Boardwalk (Sponsored by Friends of Crescent Beach, Grand Prize only)
Grand Prize – $15
1st Place – $15
2nd Place – $10
3rd Place – $5