Shanty Days Parade
One of Wisconsin’s largest parades begins with a spectacular car cruise. Enjoy floats, entertainment, clowns, candy and more! Great fun for the whole family! Get your seat early and enjoy the sites and sounds of great family fun! One of the few parades with custom built floats made every year based on the Shanty Days theme. A truly unique experience! FREE
The Shanty Days parade will take place on Saturday, August 14, 2021.
Car Cruise starts at 11:30
Parade starts at noon.
Free admission on the Main grounds after the parade until 3pm.
Shanty Days Parade Rules
- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL/FIREARMS allowed in or on parade units as per State Statutes.
- Drivers of motorized units must be properly licensed to operate on public streets.
- Treats must be distributed by walkers within 5 feet of the curb. No throwing from the vehicles or units. This is to prevent children from darting into the street.
- Maximum height of units is 15 feet. All single vehicle entries should be decorated with the exception of tractors and antique cars. Engine starting of towed vehicles should be kept to a minimum.
- Maintain 25 feet between units (two car lengths). If you have problems with your unit, move to the side and let others pass. Move back into line when appropriate.
- Units registered must display the ID number on the right hand side of the unit. ID numbers may be picked up Saturday morning prior to the parade at the Algoma City Garage, 1520 Jefferson St.
- Horses and horse drawn units must clean up after in the staging area and the on parade route.
Have Fun, Be Safe and Thanks for Your Participation!!!
2021 Shanty Days Parade registration is open!
Registration is free. Sign up by Tuesday, August 10, 2021. The 2021 theme for Shanty Days is Algoma:Fun in the Sun!