New Member Intro: One Health WI
One Health WI is a Veteran-owned, woman-owned company whose mission is to help foster good health, reduce the amount of synthetic drugs absorbed in our bodies and provide an overall feeling of wellness and well-being – at a price everyone can afford.
Opening in May, the Algoma storefront will be located at 219 Steele Street. Find out all about the products and services that will be available on May 17, 2019, from 12-1 p.m for a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, a light lunch and cocktails.
Until then, here are our 5 questions with One Health WI.
- How long have you been in the Algoma area ? Stacy Deprey-Purper is a 5th generation Belgian from Algoma and graduated from Algoma High and recently moved back to the area in 2018 from Arizona. Mike Swille has been a Green Bay native and traveled the world in the Navy. He’s lived in several states and relocated back to the area in 2018 as well.
- What do you find most interesting about your business or industry? The most interesting things is how much the Hemp Plant helps people and the lack of education that exists about the medicinal benefits of Cannabis. We have dozens of testimonials from people who use CBD for all types of things from cancer to pain management and daily health. We are so grateful to be able to help so many. We also find it interesting that people think you can get “high” from this product. Hemp/CBD is now legal in all 50 states and has a .03 THC level or lower. Our motto is “Get Healthy, not High”.
- What is one thing you want people to know when they think of your business? That we’re a place to go to help you feel better and live a healthier life and that we provide a trusted, pharmaceutical grade product. You can shop with 100% confidence knowing exactly what you’re putting in and on your body.
- What is your favorite thing about the Algoma area community? There are way too many things to list. But I guess our favorite things are the friendly people, and the beautiful lake front, not to mention that Algoma is the land of opportunity for small businesses!
- What was your primary motivation for becoming a member of the Algoma Area Chamber of Commerce? We want to immerse ourselves in the community and contribute in any way we can to continue the long standing tradition of trusted excellence Algoma is known for. And, one of our investors, Stacy Deprey-Purper, grew up here. Her parents were also entrepreneurs who had the vision to open Algoma’s first recycling center in 1988. Algoma is home.