New Member Intro: Meet Hooked Up Tackle Shop
Let’s get to know Algoma Area Chamber of Commerce member Hooked Up Tackle Shop!
Captain Byron Broerman (aka Captain B) has a passion for Lake Michigan fishing. He shares this passion and his knowledge of fishing with others via his charter fishing service aboard the Hakuna Matata III and now in the tackle shop.
In the fall of 2017, Bryon opened up Hooked Up Tackle, a tackle and consignment shop. In addition to tackle and consignment items, you can purchase Algoma Marina launch passes, fishing licenses, tickets for many of the area fishing tournaments, and of course, hear a fishing story or two.
Hooked up Tackle Shop is located at 207 Steele Street in Algoma, WI.
On Tuesday, July 10, 2018, at noon, a ribbon cutting ceremony will be held to celebrate!
Let’s get to know Bryon! Here are his answers to five questions with Hooked Up Tackle Shop.
- How long have you been in the Algoma area?
I have been fishing in Algoma since 1980 and officially moved here in 2009.
- What do you find most interesting about your business or industry?
The people that we meet and the community we are in.
- What is one thing you want people to know when they think of your business?
We keep the customers up to date with all of the latest and greatest fishing tackle & advice.
- What is your favorite thing about the Algoma area community?
Fishing & activities to help the local business’ and community.
- What was your primary motivation for becoming a member of the Algoma Area Chamber of Commerce?
Being a business owner in the Algoma area community.