Event Category: Community Events
Algoma, WI is looking forward to the arrival of the Viking Polaris and Viking Octantis cruise ships and their passengers in 2023 and 2024!
The cruise ship will moor off shore in Lake Michigan and cruise guests who choose to disembark will ferry to shore and enjoy excursions that include Algoma and the surrounding area.
You are invited join us on the lakeshore where you can watch the ships arrive and depart and the tenders that will ferry the passengers to and from shore.
Stay for the day or make it part of your extended vacation and:
- Stroll through town and visit our shops and art galleries
- Enjoy dining inside or out
- Play or relax on Crescent Beach
- Rent a bike, kayak, or paddle board or boat and take in some nature
- Take the self-guided Historic Walking Tour and tour of the Algoma murals
- Hike on the Ahnapee Trail
- Book a fishing charter trip
- Enjoy regionally crafted beer and wine.
- Explore Kewaunee County
You may get to meet some of the guests while you are in town!
Viking Cruise Algoma, WI Port Visit 2023
- June 16: Viking Polaris Arrival 08:00/Departure 18.00
- June 29: Viking Polaris Arrival 07:00/Departure 16.00
- July 14: Viking Polaris Arrival 08:00/Departure 18.00
- July 27: Viking Polaris Arrival 07:00/Departure 16.00
- August 10: Viking Octantis Arrival 08:00/Departure 18.00
- August 23: Viking Octantis Arrival 07:00/Departure 16.00
- September 04: Viking Polaris Arrival 08:00/Departure 18.00
- September 17: Viking Polaris Arrival 07:00/Departure 16.00
Arrival and departure times are subject to change depending on weather conditions.
Want to track the ships live?
Cruise Mapper: Viking Polaris | Cruise Mapper: Viking Octantis
Learn more about the Viking Cruises Great Lakes Collection here.
In September 2022, City Administrator Matt Murphy and then Chamber Director Ken Weinaug traveled to Milwaukee and toured the Viking Octantis. Below are a few photos from that tour.
Click on the photos to see the larger view.
Photos © 2022 Algoma Area Chamber of Commerce