Event Category: Community Events
UPDATE: Thomas Johnston on bagpipes has been added to the program.
Ernest Haucke American Legion Post 236 and the Algoma Honor Guard will be holding the 2021 annual Memorial Day observances on Monday, May 31, 2021.
Departure from Legion Hall in Algoma will be at approximately 6:30 a.m. to make a tour of the 7 area cemeteries. The public is invited to follow along to each cemetery. There will be a prayer, a reading of the names of the deceased veterans, followed by a gun salute and the playing of taps.
10:00 a.m.: A small parade will be led by the Honor Guard through downtown Algoma.
11:00 a.m.: Ceremony at Legion Park.
- Introduction of Poppy Princess, Meadow Klimek
- Algoma High School Band, under the direction of Jennifer Massey
- Mayor Wayne Schmidt
- Algoma Fire & Rescue Department
- American Legion Post 236 Commander Tracy Steiner
- Guest speaker and scholarship recipient David Ibarra, a senior at Algoma High School
- Bake sale.
- Gun salute and Taps by the Algoma Honor Guard.
All are welcome to attend.
Ernest Haucke American Legion Post 236/Legion Park
94 Clark St.