Employment Opportunity: Utility Clerk
Algoma Utilities is in the recruitment and selection process for our next full-time Utility Clerk.
The Utility Clerk works under the direction of the Office Manager, however the employee is expected to exercise independent judgment at all times.
Responsibilities of this position will include supporting customer service, working with payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, general ledger, project cost systems and general administrative support in most Utility functions. The position will also be involved in cross training in several office functions including collections and utility billing. The Utility Clerk must routinely interact with customers and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
The qualified candidate will have prior work experience in customer service, payroll and book-keeping functions.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of increasingly responsible related experience or combination of related education and experience will also be considered.
- Individual must possess good communication skills, have knowledge of good grammar, spelling, punctuation, and strong math abilities.
- Must be team oriented, friendly and work well with others.
- Must have high degree of accuracy, be detail oriented, exercise strong judgment, be highly organized and committed to meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain self-control under stressful situations without exhibiting negative behaviors.
- Must be patient and able to respond helpfully in situations where persons may be upset and be able to interact with others to accomplish tasks without provoking hostility.
- Candidates must possess a thorough understanding of accounting functions, have excellent analytical skills and be able to multi-task.
- Ideal candidate must be skilled with a 10-key calculator and must have an advanced knowledge and be able to demonstrate proficiency with software such as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
- The applicant will also be required to work with several customized utility software programs.
- A valid Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
Algoma Utilities is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer an excellent benefit package and compensation commensurate with experience.
Candidates should apply with an Algoma Utilities employment application, resume, cover letter, salary history and a minimum of three (3) work-related references.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applications can be found on the Utilities’ website, www.algomautilities.com . Email submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Mail submissions should be sent to Algoma Utilities, Attn: Office Manager, 1407 Flora Avenue, Algoma, WI 54201.