Employment Opportunity: Public Works Laborer
The City of Algoma, Wisconsin, is accepting applications to fill the position of Public Works Laborer. The Public Works Laborer provides general labor and technical skills in support of the delivery of public services, including, but not limited to; sanitary, storm, maintenance of public streets and right-of-way, forestry, parks & recreational facilities, building maintenance, inspection of construction in-progress, heavy equipment operation, and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of directly related work experience.
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and access to an operable and licensed vehicle.
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B minimum with air brake endorsement or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Position requires occasional overtime work.
- Must pass a post-employment offer drug screen and DOT physical.
- Must attend City safety training sessions required for position and meet and associated testing requirements.
Starting pay is $19.81 – $22.97 per hour DOQ plus an excellent benefit package.
The Recruitment Process
Interested applicants MUST submit the following items to the address noted below:
- A completed City of Algoma employment application
- A current resume, detailing qualifications for this position
- A list of three (3) work-related references
A printable PDF version of the application can be found on the City’s website here.
The application form may also be obtained by contacting City Clerk Jamie Jackson via email at email@example.com or by phone at (920) 487-5203.
The application deadline is 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 30, 2020. The application review process will begin on October 1 with interviews expected the week of October 5, 2020.
Application materials should be placed in a sealed envelope, addressed as follows, and either mailed or hand-delivered by the deadline noted above to:
Public Works Laborer Recruitment
c/o Jamie Jackson, City Clerk
City of Algoma
416 Fremont Street
Algoma, WI 54201
The City will also be hiring a LTE for this position to work until the full-time position gets filled. The pay for the LTE position will be $16-$19 per hour.