Employment Opportunity: Executive Director of the Algoma Area Chamber of Commerce
Algoma Area Chamber of Commerce is accepting resumes for Executive Director
Job Title: Executive Director
Job Description: The Executive Director of the Algoma Area Chamber of Commerce will be responsible for the coordination and management of the day-to-day chamber business. The Executive Director will work with, and clearly communicate with the Board of Directors in establishing, implementing and maintaining policies and reporting procedures to achieve the overall mission of the chamber.
Position Responsibilities: Manage the chamber offices to achieve the following results: (1) Visitor center staffed and open 7-days-a-week Mid-May through Mid-October, and 5-days-a week during off season; (2) Administrative offices open 5-day-a-week year-round; (3) Building clean and maintained throughout the year; (4) Materials available in the visitors as well as other relevant regional information for tourists.
Provides the leadership to ensure that the chamber functions with maximum efficiency. As established by the Board of Directors, assists committees, members and staff in interpretation of policy and will promote the vision and mission of the organization.
Shall effectively communicate and update members on chamber activities and events. Is responsible for developing meeting agendas, board minutes and maintaining organization records.
Serve as co-chair of the Shanty Days Committee that will include: taking minutes, sending agendas, managing the Chamber booth during the event, developing the marketing materials, updating the website, researching and purchasing appropriate advertising, managing the financials being sure to communicate to both the Shanty Days Committee and the Chamber Board of Directors, and other responsibilities when appropriate.
Serve as chief editor for the annual Friendly Algoma Guidebook. Leads the effort to gather advertising, research up-to-date area information, and write and design publication.
Develop, implement, and coordinate any necessary marketing to promote chamber members and chamber-sponsored events.
May be asked to collaborate on and advocate for comprehensive workforce development strategies which will assist current and prospective employers with recruiting, training, and retaining employees.
Supervise and coordinate any administrative staff and volunteers for the visitor’s center. Recruits, motivates and organizes effective utilization of volunteers for the visitor’s center and any appropriate events (i.e., Shanty Days).
Collaborate with neighboring counties and appropriate regional development organizations for positive relations and mutually beneficial development efforts in northeastern Wisconsin.
Oversee and administer an annual budget
May be asked to participate in various committees and serve on boards as the Board of Directors sees fit. Will be expected to communicate these activities to the Board and membership when appropriate.
Other duties may include: manage the gift certificate program; answer phones; send out fulfillment pieces when requested; communicate member concerns to the Board of Directors; keep member database up-to-date; and other duties as dictated by the Board of Directors.
Measurement of Effective Performance:
- Budget goals are met.
- Member recruitment and retention goals are met.
- Project and events meet or exceed budget goals.
- The chamber has a good image in the community as measured by member satisfaction, retention rate, and participation in programs/events.
- The Executive Director will be expected to be a strong leader in the area and work cooperatively with governmental agencies, individual members and visitors when necessary. This person will have exceptional energy and enthusiasm, have the capability and work ethic to function effectively in an independent environment with minimal resources and be an individual of high integrity.
- An undergraduate college degree is preferred and a demonstrated ability to work, organize and lead in a multi-member/board-driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as exceptional interpersonal skills are required.
- Capable in the use of computer technology, including spreadsheet, database, graphic word processing and internet technology and Quickbooks software.
- Required job enthusiasm and desire to help reach the organizations goals.
Interested candidates should submit a resume by August 30, 2019.
Submissions will be accepted via email to Tracy Nelson, email@example.com or postal mail addressed to;
Algoma Area Chamber of Commerce
Attn: Executive Director Position
1226 Lake St.
Algoma, WI 54201
If you have any questions please call Tracy Nelson, Board President, Algoma Area Chamber of Commerce at (920) 495-9418.