Chamber Member Closures or Hour Modifications During COVID-19 Outbreak
Updated: May 12, 2020, 9:20AM
As we are made aware, we will post modifications in hours including closures from our Chamber members. If your business or organization is not listed here, it just means we do not have any information that would indicate closure, modified hours, or cancellation. Please feel free to call ahead to the place of business if you are unsure if they are open at the time you wish to visit. Thank you for your patience as this situation is rapidly changing.
Chamber members, please feel free to email us any changes in your operating hours so we help you can get the word out.
Governor Evers has ordered all bars to close as of 5 PM on March 17, 2020. Restaurants are to go to carry-out or delivery only. Thank you for your patience as our Algoma bars and restaurants adjust to this new directive.
On March 25,2020, a new order was issued deeming what businesses are essential, which has caused more places to close or reduce operating hours. Read the order here. We will help the businesses get the word out about modified operating procedures and hours as soon as we can.
On April 16, 2020, the Safer at Home order for Wisconsin has been extended through May 26, 2020. View FAQs regarding the new order here.
- May 11, 2020: Emergency Order #36 issued which allows standalone and strip mall based stores to reopen for in-person shopping if certain criteria are met, including external entrances and social distancing in the store as well as outside if shoppers are waiting in line to enter. View Emergency Order #36 here.
- Ahnapee Construction – Office closed to foot traffic. Work continues if CDC social distancing guidelines can be maintained. Call or email: (920) 487-3033, email@example.com
- Algoma Community Band – Rehearsals suspended until schools are back in session. Facebook
- Algoma Community Wellness Center – Closed until further notice. Facebook
- Algoma Chamber of Commerce/Visitor Center – Closed until further notice. This includes the public restrooms in the entryway. Facebook
- Algoma Medical Center & Long Term Care Unit – Visitor restrictions are in place. Please visit Algoma’s LTCU ‘s Facebook page for all the details.
- Algoma Motors – New hours posted March 24, 2020: Monday – Friday, 8AM – 1:00 PM
- Algoma Public Library – April 27, 2020, curbside pickup begins. Virtual events offered. Website | Facebook
- Algoma School District – In-person instruction has been suspended until further notice. All after school activities and events have been canceled at this time. Buildings are closed. Visit the school district’s website for updates.
- Algoma United Methodist Church – Virtual services are being offered. Website | Facebook
- Algoma Utilities – Lobby will be closed to the public effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, until further notice. Bill payments can be made by: 1) check using the US mail or the drop box located at Algoma Utilities’ office (left of the front door) or the drive thru window. 2) Bank of Luxemburg accepts utility payments, 3) ACH or on-line at www.algomautilities.comFor any other business or inquiries, please use our website www.algomautilities.com, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to one of our customer service representatives directly at (920) 487-5556.
- Algoma Youth Club – Most activities, programs, meetings, and events will be cancelled at the Community Building/Youth Club. Facebook
- Amber’s Attic & Art – May 11, 2020: Window shoppers may call to make arrangements for curbside pickup. Website | Facebook
- Anchors Away Algoma – The bar will close at 5 pm March 17, 2020. The motel and tackle shop will remain open. Facebook Hooked Up Tackle Shop – May 11, 2020: Now open to in person shopping. Website | Facebook
- Bank of Luxemburg – Effective March 18, 2020: Lobbies will be closed but available for appointments only. Drive-ups will remain open during their normal hours. If you have questions, please call BOL’s customer care center at 920.845.2345. Algoma branch: 920.487.5288 Website | Facebook
- BellaLuna’s Apothecary and Boutique – Store will remain closed until further notice. Curbside pick up by appointment, along with shipping as a option. Online and over the phone payments accepted. Please text 9204715091 or FB message for assistance. Facebook
- Bruemmer Park Zoo – May 11, 2020, The lower portion of the zoo remains closed to the public.
- Clay on Steele – Closed until health emergency is over. Call if you wish to have a private class or have any questions – (920) 487-3501. Facebook
- East Shore Industries, Inc. – All day / work service programs and transportation services will remain closed through Friday, May 1, 2020, with current plans of reopening on Monday, May 4, 2020. All events scheduled through May 4, including the Annual Dinner have been cancelled. Website | Facebook
- Flanigan Distributing – Effective April 6, 2020, the office is closed to outside walk-ins without an appointment. Appointments will be limited in order to comply with current government restrictions. Please call ahead if you need to come to the office so arrangements can be made to accommodate. (920) 743-2036
Office hours until further notice: Monday-Thursday 7am-3pm and Friday’s 7am-2:30pm. Facebook
- Graf’s Mobil Mart – New hours effective March 31, 2020, Monday thru Friday 4:00AM-8:00PM; Saturday and Sunday 7:00AM-8:00PM.
- Hello Dolly – Now offering home delivery – contactless drop off at your front porch. Pay by Credit card or Apple Pay. Place your order by messaging via Facebook or calling 920-304-1910. Facebook
- Hooked Up Tackle Shop – May 11, 2020: Now open to in person shopping. Website | Facebook
- Kewaunee Lions Club – Roar Off The Shore Brewfest scheduled for March 28, 2020 has been canceled. Website | Facebook
- Lakeside Community Church – In person services for the remaining Sundays in March have been canceled. Sunday services will be broadcast live online at 9:30 am at lakeside-church.com. All other church events will also be moved to a digital format or canceled for the remainder of March. Website | Facebook
- McMahon’s Furniture – May 5, 2020: Store is open from 8:00 to 4:30 Monday through Friday and 9:00 to 1:00 on Saturday. Closed Sunday.
- Native Roots Hemp – FREE delivery within 30 miles of 54201, same day service and FREE shipping to those outside that area. Visit us online OR call us Monday-Saturday 10a-5:15p 920-487-8288. Website | Facebook
- Nicolet Bank – Effective April 20, 2020, the Algoma branch of Nicolet Bank will be temporarily closed. If you have questions you can, please email Nicolet at email@example.com or call 800-369-0226. Website | Facebook
- NWTC-Luxemburg – Spring break has been extended through March 28, 2020. Visit NWTC’s website for program exceptions and more information. Facebook
- Rio Creek Country Store – Effective April 12, 2020, closed Sunday until further notice.
- Roots Yoga – All live studio classes are cancelled at this time. Check for updates once social gathering restrictions are lifted and possible online options. Visit website and Facebook for online sessions. Website | Facebook
- St. John’s Lutheran Church – Drive-in service on Saturday afternoon and online service in Sunday morning.
Website | Facebook
- St. Mary Church – Mass is streamed online.
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church – All worship services will be streamed on Facebook. Website | Facebook
- The Book Corner – Closed until further notice.
- The Country Cupboard – May 11, 2020: Store is reopening. Hours are 11AM-3PM. Shoppers are limited to 5 or under in the store, masks are to be worn, and social distancing practiced. Facebook
- Top of the Plaza Boutique and Tanning Studio & Wellness Haven – Mandated closure as of 5PM, March 20, 2020
- von Stiehl Winery – Effective March 25th, 2020, retail space is closed until further notice. Wine can still be ordered online and be shipped via UPS. For all pick-up orders, pre-order wine by calling (920) 487-5208. You can place your order over the phone and then call when you arrive at von Stiehl. Your order will be placed outside the front door with your name on it for you to pick up.
And remember, wine can still be ordered online and be shipped via UPS! Website | Facebook
- Wanezek, Jaekels, Daul & Babcock, S.C. – Offices are open and fully functional, meeting with clients via phone, Zoom, and/or other remote possibilities. In-person client appointments are temporarily suspended.
- WaterFront Creations – May 14, 2020: Store will reopen to shoppers, five or less at a time. Curbside pickup is still available for online orders. Visit www.waterfrontcreations.com, choose curbside pickup at checkout, then message the store when you will be stopping by. Website | Facebook
- Weber Insurance – Effective immediately, the doors will be closed to walk in clients due to COVID-19 outbreak until further notice. Weber has a drop box available behind the pillar and will be checked daily. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the office at 920-487-3435.